Friday, July 26, 2013

Welcome to 14ers4Kids, a climbing project dedicated to helping orphaned children. The project put 12 children in foster homes last year thanks to so many peoples generous support.  This year my dream is to continue to support them.  My name is Dave West I love climbing mountains. I also wanted to turn my mountain climbing "hobby" into something bigger, something that could help others.  



So I created 14ers4Kids, dedicating my climbs to raise awareness about orphans in need and about adoption. I had planned this to be a one time event last year, but after seeing how much these children's lives were greatly improved over the past year, I felt I needed to continue support for them.  Learn more about a couple of the children below and I think you will find this to be a worthy cause. To make a donation to help the children CLICK HERE and for background on the project click the "14ers4Kids 2012" tab.  The funds raised go to the kids via the Half the Sky Foundation.




from Mt Sneffels
Donations are tax-deductible and fast, secure and easy to make at our donation link.  You can also join in the climbing and climb with me or create your own personal challenge and dedicate it to helping these kids.

Thank you for checking out the site, please LIKE on Facebook, follow on Twitter and come along with me on my journeys on the Trip Report tab.  

Contact me at 14ers4Kids@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment